Thursday, November 15, 2007

13 going on 30

the illusive 30. a pivotal year, right? it has been looming over my head for all of 29, anxiously waiting to swoop down and capture its new prey.

so instead of focusing on all the negatives that are supposed to accompany this dreaded age, i am starting my "top 30 list of all the awesomeness that has led up to my turning 30." this will be an ongoing post that i add to, since i don't think i can do all 30 in one sitting. here goes:

1-the endless number of "perfect days" i have lived through. and by perfect i mean clear blue skies that contrast the green or red leaves as i feel the warmth of the sun hit my skin. i have experiences these days all over the world.

2-travels. i grew up in south america, lived with my family in europe, and vacationed throughout the united states. there is so much left to see and i look forward to a life of traveling.

3-goodly parents. i would be lost without them. they have allowed me to grow into the woman that i am (i don't know if i even feel comfortable using the woman to describe myself!) i have an incredibly independent mother and a nurturing father, both who unconditionally love me and all those around them. they have taught by example. they are good. they are loving. they are my friends. hopefully i will grow up to be like them.

4-friendships. i have blogged about this before and i don't think i could write about it enough. i remember my best friend sara in second grade and that i cried my little 7 year old eyes out when we moved to ecuador. and the tears came again when i left my 3 best friends in ecuador to move back to the states at 11 years old. once again, the waterworks came(as you can see i might be a bit of a crier when it comes to changes in my life...) when i left my dear friend sara (who helped me survive my middle school years) as i embarked to florida.

and then came my years at byu where i met friends that i will have forever. now dc and california have introduced me to some of the finest men and women who i look forward to associating with for the rest of my life. these are my treasures. these are the ones who i rely on, who teach me, who love me, who make me the person i am.

stayed tuned for the next 26...

No comments: