Sunday, November 18, 2007

13 going on 30 continues...

so i have some extra time on my hands, and since i have been contemplating the aspects of my life that i have been grateful for in the last 29 years, here are some more:

5. love. i have been blessed with this virtue on so many levels. my parents and family members love me unconditionally; a gift so many lack in this world. friends that have come, gone, or stayed also have provided care and warmth in my life.

though i have not had "outwardly visual" talents bestowed upon me, i do believe i have been given the talent of love. it may sound odd to call the virtue of "love" a talent, but i believe, in my case, it is. i try to give love to all those in my sphere. despite the fact that i am definitely not perfect at it, i am willing and able to love. though at times it is not returned, i'm convinced that is the only way to live; the only way to feel alive.

6. forgiveness. many have chosen to forgive my shortcomings and flaws; my moments of weakness and my lack of self control.

though it is not something that comes easily to me, i have been given the opportunity to forgive those who have caused pain or sorrow in my life. i know that growth occurs each time.

ultimately i am most indebted to the forgiveness that is bestowed by my savior jesus christ. it is humbling, wonderful, and beyond my comprehension.

apparently i thought i had more to say tonight than i do. on that note, i'm off for now, with, as always, more thoughts to come...

No comments: