Friday, July 27, 2007

"I no doubt deserved my enemies, but I don't believe I deserved my friends."-walt whitman

i guess that maybe i shouldn't have a blog, since not writing regularly somewhat defeats the purpose...

this morning i was thinking about friendship. it's actually something i think about frequently.

abundance. that is my first thought when it comes to friendship. my entire life has been filled with others who have taught, stretched, and enlightened me. i have had friends who always make me laugh; others who understand me better than i understand myself; ones who "challenge" me, in more ways than one; and those who have loved me unconditionally.

what makes friendship something we seek out? something i seek out? i need others. i realized that more and more with the passing days.

i have become the woman who i am partly due to those who have been a part of my life thus far. i guess i want to thank all who graced my life with their presence, whether it was for a short period of time, or those who are still here with me.

No comments: