Wednesday, October 10, 2007

my favorite tree..



this week i have missed the fall.

spoiled by residing on the east coast for 4 years, i expect the tress in california to give me the same autumnal greeting (apparently i have very high expectations when it comes to my surroundings:). so, while walking around stanford campus yesterday, i noticed a few of them giving me a mere glimpse of what their east coast brothers are capable of.

i used to run by my favorite tree off of army-navy drive in arlington. standing tall right at the center of where the road forked, it was a happy distraction to my huffing and puffing. every october i looked forward to seeing it's metamorphosis from luscious green to various hues of orange, red, and yellow. not only did i love the colors, but i loved how they appeared, different every time, creating a simple part of nature into art.

and so, i miss my tree.

No comments: