Saturday, October 6, 2007

forgotten friendships

i felt reflective today. not that is should be any surprise to anyone, since i pretty much reflect on most aspects of life on a daily basis. the past few days i've wanted to pull the old photo albums off the shelf and take some long strolls down memory lane.

it's unbelievable how fast time passes and how moments that were so very long ago can simply be resurrected through photographs and notes. i found myself recalling late night conversations and carefree days. i miss that time in my life, grateful that i lived it to the fullest.

buried under the photos and ticket stubs i found an envelope filled with notes from those who had crossed my path. some are still a vital part of my life and others have faded into the background. either way, i am always a bit surprised at how much people care about me and how they are willing to let me know. i don't mean to sound haughty or conceited, nor am i feigning humility; it is just surprising.

the real thoughts that have come to mind are, do those qualities and attributes i had ten years ago still reside in me? would those i know now say the same things? have i regressed in ways i should not have? i truly hope not, but it leaves me more to think about...

No comments: