Wednesday, August 22, 2007

am i a real blogger?

as i came to the realization that i haven't written "blogged" for almost a month, i ask myself, am i a real blogger? i like to believe that i am, but that the first month of school is a time when my job takes over (or i allow it to take over) my life. today i have a few extra minutes so i thought i'd do some writing.

i feel as if my mind is constantly in motion with not just the day to day thoughts, but with thoughts of the world, society, family, friends, and introspection in general. i have thought about kindness. about being a kind person in word and action. i love the quote from plato that says, "be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." I have been trying to have this in mind as i interact with others, especially those that frustrate me.

i have thought about being a better teacher. this is a constant thought because in my mind's eye i see how i want to be, but feel that i fall pretty far behind.

i've thought about how blessed i feel lately. about how i have been blessed abundantly and should remember that more often.

i've thought about mistakes; about making them; about how they affect us and others; about how i can make my weaknesses stronger.

i could really go on and on, but won't. now i may be a step closer to becoming a "real blogger."

No comments: