Monday, January 28, 2008

"we thank thee o god for a prophet..."


as i have been contemplating the passing of our beloved prophet, president gordon b. hinckley, i cannot help but feel awe and gratitude. i feel privileged that my formative years coincided with his presidency. so much of who i have become has been influenced by this gracious, kind, and loving man who taught me to always strive to be better, kinder, softer and most of all, to not be ashamed of my testimony of the lord.

i feel honored to have learned from him.

and though he will be missed terribly, i smile to think of his happy return home, to his wife and his god.

and so today in my heart i sing, "we thank thee o god for a prophet, to guide us in these latter days..."

1 comment:

The Allred Family said...

I loved reading your testimony, so eloquently put. Everytime I think about him or see a picture, my eyes fill with tears, but I am so happy for him to be once again with his wife to finally rest from the great responsiblity that was his. I love you!
Katie